formfolio.in : A ThinkMatter Archive of Drawing…Over the years we have been fortunate to have encountered a rich and diverse array of drawings – representations that range from monochrome hand-made tracings to detailed axonometric views.
Folio is an attempt to create a digital archive and gallery to disseminate this very special aspect of the visual culture in architecture.
We invite contributions to this ongoing and ever-growing collection. Please share your drawings with us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
As COVID – 19 challenges the world to adapt to the new normal, renowned personalities from the architecture and design community come together to deliberate the possible trends and changes in space design post the pandemic.
1. What is Matter. ? Why do you think Archiving thought / documentation is important & required? Especially post Independence thought?
2. With so much noise, how do you decipher signal? How do you decide what to archive? What qualifies to be worth archiving?
3. What are your thoughts on “reflecting on your own work”?
4. As per my experience, very few professionals are reflective about their work; while academicians, authors & researchers have a more broader vision. Is it true and if yes, why?
5. Classic work always has a pull and need not be pushed. But it can take really long for people to understand the value. What keeps you going and doing this?
About Ruturaj Parikh
Architect & Partner at Matter
Ruturaj is an Architect & Partner at Matter. an architecture, design and content firm based in Goa. He has been involved in architecture, urban design, planning, curatorial and social projects. Ruturaj regularly writes about contemporary works and ideas on architecture relevant to India and its subcontinent.